On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:14:15 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:28:23 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

>> That is indeed strange.  I have never heard of an e-mail system that
>> allows e-mails out but not in.  (Except for spam setups, of course!)
>> He must have *some* way of receiving replies, such as viewing the
>> mailing list archives via a browser.  Otherwise, why would he ask a
>> question to which he knows that he cannot receive replies?  And if
>> memory serves me correctly, this user has been repeatedly told that
>> debian-user is for English only.  I must therefore conclude that he is
>> either (a) stupid, (b) careless, or (c) obnoxious.
>
> I would say it is d) "all of the above". If you understand Spanish, see
> for yourself:

That's unfair. I would not judge a user by just one post.

You must know that the Spanish list can be sometimes a bit "un-pleasant"
so I even could understood that overreaction.

>> And none of those alternatives speak well of him or motivate people to
>> help him.
>
> Unfortunately, people still respond to him or even worry about
> apologizing on behalf of the list if other subscribers tell him to get
> lost.

I think many people here is not fully aware about the technological
limitations some users have to live with and treating such users as just
"nuts" is quite unjust, to say the least.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón