On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:08:20PM -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:
> I use Debian testing, i386 port, on a PC. Today (4/28/10), I tried
> to update my system using synaptic. After the files were downloaded,
> synaptic hung and had to be kill'ed. Synaptic left the message:
>
> The gtk frontend needs a working python-gtk2 and python-glade2.
> Those imports can not be found. Falling back to pager.
> The error is: No module named glade
> Reading changelogs... Done
> openssh (1:5.4p1-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  Smartcard support is now available using PKCS#11 tokens.  If you
>  were previously using an unofficial build of Debian's OpenSSH
> package with OpenSC-based smartcard support added, then note
>  that commands like 'ssh-add -s 0' will no longer work; you need to use
>  'ssh-add -s /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so' instead.
>
> -- Colin Watson <cjwat...@debian.org>  Sat, 10 Apr 2010 01:08:59 +0100
>
> What is the problem?

Looks like, for some reason, your python modules are missing/incorrect.
As a result, instead of displaying the output of apt-listchanges in a
window, it printed that to STDOUT.

As suggested above, try "apt-get -f install" to finish the current
packages and then you might try "apt-get install --reinstall
python-glade2 python-gtk2" to fix those missing packages.