Good day.

I have such a problem: I need to switch an usb-modem Huawei E1550 deom cd-rom
mode to modem modem. AFAIK usb-modeswitch utility can help me w/ this BUT! - it
is not installable IMHO in stable repo. Even though I will install it from
testing - it will destroy my lovely KDE-3.5 and a huge other packages. So, is
there way for me for now - not when next release will be released and not
destroying so many packages - to switch the modem?

May, here are the (usb-)modem experts that can help me how I can switch it with
the tools we have in the stable version?

Big thanks for advance and Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.