2010-04-29 19:40, Norbert Zeh skrev:

You are missing the font file
fmex8.pfb.  If I search for it using apt-file, apt-file claims that this
file is part of texlive-base.  I have this package installed, but the
whole directory where this file is supposed to live does not exist.
Something wrong with the texlive-base package?

Perhaps it exists in lenny but not in squeeze? My apt-file search also says that it exists, but I do not even have the directory in which the file is supposed to reside.

According to the debian site, however, the file is not available in squeeze:

<http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=fmex8.pfb&mode=exactfilename&suite=stable&arch=amd64>
<http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=fmex8.pfb&mode=exactfilename&suite=testing&arch=amd64>

It seems to come from a cmex package. Can that package have changed and dropped the fmex* files? It now seems to contain cmex*-files instead, but I do not know if that is the correct interpretation.

Regards

Johan