James Stuckey wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Doing "xrandr --dpi 120", logging out of wmii and logging back in
>> > doesn't change anything.
>>
>> Yes, as you already said yesterday, that option was not working for you.
>> I dunno how to set DPI under wmii DE, unless you try to edit the
>> xorg.conf file and put there.
>>
>> > Maybe the problem I perceived in the text on screen is just how the
>> > monitor displays.
>>
>> I fail to see anything wrong in the image you sent. It is readable, is
>> not distorted, is not small... :-)
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> --
>> Camaleón
>>

> Okay, I'll figure out how to set DPI and assume that whatever problem I
> see with the onscreen fonts here is due to the monitor.
>
> Thanks!

no, monitor doesn't have to do anything with it

you have to distinguish things - that's it
I'm suffering the same issue here, but did configure most of the things.

For you however with this funny windows manager it would be really to set
DPI globally. If you change DPI in the firefox properties it is applied
only to the text, but not to the window itself. That's why it looks like
much bigger then the menu area. I leave the firefox DPI setting to system
and set the DPI in the window manager/server.

regards