On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 15:00:31 +0100, Lisi wrote:

[...]

> I do *not* ask otherwise and Dotan has been sending long, rude, unpleasant
> emails direct to me.  That is what I am complaining about.

On-list complaints about unsolicited CC'ing are also against the code of
conduct, so you are at least as "rude" as Dotan is, and you are
"bullying" all of us to read what should be a private complaint. Pot,
meet kettle.

>                                                             As I said above,
> *I* have been getting them from Dotan, as you correctly state:  "*Lisi*
> shreef ..... *I* have been getting them."  According to list policy I should
> not be getting them.  In addition, the last one was sent to the KDE list (to
> which I do not subscribe) and not to this, which is the list with the thread.

People sometimes make mistakes about CC'ing, especially when they are
having what is essentially the same discussion on two different mailing
lists. There is a reason why the rule to stop public complaints about
CC'ing has been added to the code of conduct; Joey Hess has posted an
informative commentary:

> Perhaps you should read Dotan's last two emails to me (especially the last
> one) before complaining about my complaint.

I do not see what is so rude about these emails; I have the impression
that Dotan is genuinely interested, if maybe a bit overeager, to make
sure at all possible usability issues of KDE4 are addressed or at least
documented on the upstream BTS.

If you first complain about the usability of KDE4 and then you are
offended when people who want to improve the usability of KDE4 ask you
about details, then maybe you should not have complained publicly in the
first place. What did you hope to achieve with your complaints if you
are not willing to work constructively on the resolution of the problems
that you experience?

> And my crime??  For which you too clearly feel that I should be subjected to
> the unpleasant bullying in emails direct to me?  I use KDE 3, but do not
> intend to use KDE 4.

That is fine, of course, but why do you bother the list with your
grievances if your mind is already made up and you are not willing to
work with the people who care about making KDE4 better? Do you just want
to use the list as your personal agony aunt?

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |