Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:24:03 +0200
> Merciadri Luca <luca.mercia...@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>
> Hello Merciadri,
>

> Given that I'm using the correct driver for my printer (a fact I
> neglected to mention), and another HP printer is suffering similar
> issues would indicate (to me at least) the fault is not the driver, but
> somewhere else in the chain.  I have no proof of that, I'm simply
> working on "gut feeling".
>
> Given hplip's behaviour in the past(0), my instinct is to blame that.
>
> (0) Here, it's been not working at all, only working if the printer is
> on before hplip starts, only showing print jobs but not ink/head status,
> never working with a parallel printer, only USB......

That is a really strange problem. Have you tried your printer on another
computer? (Basic question, I know, but we sometimes forget.)

For example, I tried `CUPS + Gutenprint' for my L7500, and the output
was pretty bad. I tried many other variants, and `Footmatic/hpijs' was
the best (it was apparently the recommended one). How is the printer
connected to the computer? I have no experience with laser printers.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.