On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Alan Chandler
<a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>wrote:

> On 24/06/10 10:03, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> On 2010-06-24 08:29 +0200, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>
>>  Yesterday, a fix for a problem where you could not make ext2, ext3 or
>>> ext4 filesystems made it into testing.  This has been around for a few
>>> weeks, and although there is a workaround using the updated version
>>> from SID, all the installation CDs from the weekly builds have not yet
>>> caught up.
>>>

>> This can be worked around by using a daily snapshot of the installer:
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/
>>
>> Worked fine for me in qemu three days ago.
>>

> Unfortunately for me, these images did not recognise all my hardware,
> whereas the weekly build full CD image did.  They are using the sid
> installer which is why they have a more up to date version.
>

> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk
>

> --

Well it ended up broken last night.. Everything boots OK but gdm wont start
properly and doing aptitude safe-upgrade/full-upgrade acctualy shows some
errors about udev. Funny thing is I did aptitude install linux-image-2.6-686
before everything, but this acctualy pull'd a lot of things.. including
udev. Weird that new udev depends on new kernel,but in same time it depends
on it ?
So without having any time for fixing, and without any graphical inv. would
downloading and installing daily netinst cd of squeeze work OK ?

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/

tnx.

--
Amar Ćosić