csj wrote:

> From what I've read in the MPlayer and Xine mailing lists, I
> think the Matrox is an excellent choice for watching videos
> (e.g. VCDs, DVDs).

> It's the 3D that's not well supported or
> nonexistent.

Not true. The card simply does not HAVE got 3D capabilities. Linux support
is good enough to play quake3 though. I have a MAtrox G450, but the G550 is
supported by the same driver. man mga(4x) for details.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann [EMAIL PROTECTED] wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux