On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 12:36:40PM -0500, Arthur Machlas wrote:
> > The problem is that sometimes the xinput id of the touchpad differs and
> > having
> > it in .xinputrc sometimes turned off the track point and sometimes even the
> > keyboard which really hinders its usability. Is there some automatic way to
> > do
> > this in a secure fasion like using the name returned by input layer and used
> > by xinput?
> >
> > Also after resume/suspend the touchpad is enabled again and I have to
> > manualy
> > turn it off.
>
> Haven't tried this in a while, as I'm using synclient now to do the
> job, but used to do what you're talking about by removing the psmouse
> module.
>
> If rmmod psmouse turns off your touchpad, and leaves the usb mice
> working, perhaps that would be a simple solution, with blacklist
> module, or rmmod script called by rc.local and a sleep.d hook assuming
> pm-utils.

I'm actualy using the track point which is also driven by the psmodule. I've
been wondering if there is a way to actualy turn of the /dev/input/eventn for
the touchpad. It might even be possible to turn it off in xorg.conf in
configuration for the evdev but I don't want to bother about xorg.conf
anymore if there is a hotplug way to work with it.

mk