Hi;

I have been doing all of my color printing on my Win2K system directly attached to an Epson stylus photo RX680 printer. All is well. I just installed a new computer on my office network that runs on linux. I am using Samba and Cups+gutenprint v5.2.5 with the Win2K/Epson printer as my network printer. For text printing everything works fine. I decided to shift my color work to the new computer (at least 10x faster than any other computer on the net) and was shocked when I printed a NFTA label (those diamond shaped labels you see on hazardous material containers) when the red came out peach and the blue came out purple. The same file printed on the Win2K system is fine. All linux systems are running the latest Squeeze software and kernel 2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10 06:32:16 UTC 2010.

Testing shows that switching between CYMK and RGB makes no difference. Pure magenta, yellow and cyan print correctly. The ligh colors red, yellow and blue print correctly but none of the other colors on the color selector are correct. I don't think tweeking color balance is going to help this problem. There is too great an error.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Gary R