In <pan.2010.08.21.11.06...@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:37:16 -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> Using Squeeze, konqueror Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5).
>>
>> If I do konqueror -> F9 -> click on "storage media" link in the left
>> tab, an error pops up saying "protocol not supported media"

In my konqueror [Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)], there is no "storage media" in
the left tab, after I hit F9.

>> Anyone know how to fix that?
>
>I fairly doubt the media protocol (or any new replacement) has been
>completely removed from KDE4. There has to be a way to access media
>devices from Konqueror or Dolphin, or using auto-mounter plasmoid/widget.

Well, the "Protocol not supported: media" error specifically comes from the
lack of a handler for URLs that start with "media:".  KDE 3 had one installed
"by default".  KDE SC 4 does not.

You can compare behaviors directly by putting the URL "media://" into the
location bar for both KDE 3 and KDE SC 4.

I think it is mostly replaced by the device notifier, but there are definitely
things in the old "media:" protocol handler did that the device notifier does
do (by default).
b...@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))