Hi all,

I could not google out and get an effective information on what is the difference between the above. Can someone explain me please ?

I am talking here about the user space application only and not the kernel module or kqemu.

I can see kvm is supplied by the kvm developer site which is a modified qemu

I can also see qemu-kvm which is installed in the machines by package managers

 I can also see qemu (the original version from qemu.org) has support for kvm
using the switch -enable-kvm

In all the 3 cases i can see all of them using the kvm_intel module (mine is an intel machine).

So what is the difference ? Qemu (from the qemu.org by Fabrice Bellard ) also supports kvm and the kvm site gives its own kvm whcih is also modfied qemu. The qemu from the qemu.org site looks better since it has support for gigabit ethernet emulation as-well-as it can do USB 2.0 emulation which I am seeing it lacking in kvm versions (atleast untill 88)

what to use ? kvm or qemu with -enable-kvm ? is there a difference between these two in the subject of performance ?

Bhasker C V
Registered linux user #306349
Fedora Ambassador: Bhaslinux