godo wrote:
> On 08/27/2010 09:02 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Months ago, I looked for an advanced video editor for Debian. Here is
> > what I found:
> >
> > * PiTiVi: I can't make it work once installed. Many buttons are
> missing.
> > I can't understand it. Maybe it's too simple for me (I tend to
> > misunderstand simple things, seriously)!
> > * Cinelerra: Nice, but there is not yet any Debian Lenny version. I
> > tried to install it from source weeks ago, and I remember that
> > compilation went terribly bad because some packages were too
> old/recent.
> > I also tried from other repo, but to no avail;
> > * Avidemux: Not a sufficient amount of functionalities;
> > * Kdenlive: Looks nice (not tested yet), but I'm using GNOME. So, if
> > there's another tool, better to install a GNOME tool;
> > * Kino: for IEEE-1394, no interest for me;
> > * LiveS: Looks really nice. Tried to install from source (with `jack*'
> > stuff), but gives
> >
> > * OpenShot: Looks nice, but packages are for Ubuntu. I might consider
> > compiling this one from source (but dependencies problems will be
> > tedious to solve);
> > * openmovieeditor: why not!
> > * Kino: I can't get it to work as I want.
> >
> > Many years ago, under Windows, I was using Sony Vegas, and it looks
> like
> > Cinelerra is the one which looks the most like Vegas. Any suggestions?
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> Hi,
> I'm using Kdenlive (Squeeze KDE box) for video editing and it's more
> than enough for me.
> Just for trans-coding: ffmpeg, ffmpeg2theora and Avidemux.
>
> If you want OpenShot
> http://www.openshotvideo.com/2008/04/download.html look for "Build
> Wizard" on the page. It is python script for installation on Debian.

Thanks. The problem with the `Build Wizard' tool is that this looks to
be done for Ubuntu. I don't like messing with Ubuntu when I'm under
Debian. As a first question I'm asked which version of Ubuntu I'm
running. But I'm running Debian Lenny!

The problem with Kdenlive is that this is not available under Lenny. =(

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living
at doing what they most enjoy. (Malcolm Forbes)