Camaleón wrote:
> El Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:01:08 +0200, Merciadri Luca escribió:
>

>> Some days ago, I figured out (thanks to the ML) how to hear systems'
>> sounds. I had to install esound, and I was using OSS. Now, System >
>> Preferences > Sounds > Sounds tab plays correctly the sounds, but I
>> can't hear any other type of sound (i.e. from music played with totem,
>> VLC, videos on Youtube, etc.). The `Devices' tab gives, for, `Default
>> Mixer Tracks,' `ALSA' as a default. I changed it to OSS, and still no
>> sound from videos (even after GNOME session restart).
>>

> Works fine here.
>
> Sounds preferences are set to "Autodetect" for events sounds, music and
> videos and sound conferences.

I don't have this choice.

>> Should I deinstall esound? What can I do to hear music again? I checked
>> the volume control panel, and everything is okay (no `mute', etc., and
>> volumes are sufficiently high).
>>

> Create a new user and login to check if it is working from there.

This does not work neither.

I just installed libesd-alsa0, restarted, but nothing worked more. Then,
I deinstalled esound, and tried to deinstall libesd-alsa0 (putting back
libesd0), but it asks me to remove ~450 Mb of GNOME packages. Now, I
have libesd-alsa0, system sounds, but no other sounds.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.