francis southern wrote:
On 31 August 2010 09:10, Jimmy Johnson <field.engin...@gmail.com> wrote:

<cut>

Onetime I needed +R to make recovery disk for a laptop, I got a five disc
pack and still have four left over, I always use -R for everything I do they
work great for data, music and burning ISO's, I don't know why but I can't
get RW disk to work at all, from what I read I'm not along, seems RW don't
work for anybody using Linux.
--
Jimmy Johnson

It's been a little while since I've written a disc, but I can assure
you that I've successfully written CD-RWs and DVD-RWs with Linux.
(Using Brasero)

I've always used k3b, Squeeze sees the disc as blank, k3b see the disc as fully used, I can format the disc and burn a image and it's the same thing over again, Squeeze sees the disc as blank, k3b see the disc as fully used, on your advice I gave brasero a try, I had not used brasero before and it only say "no disc in drive", these are "imation DVD-RW" disc and they are worthless for my Debian. :-(
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Sid - KDE 4.4.5 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263