On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 08:33:02AM +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> > -  try to mount it manually in a way like that:
> >    # mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey
> >    Of course, /dev/sda1 should be replaced with real device name, and
> >    /mnt/usbkey shoul exist.
>
> Thanks. Well, I found the key under /dev/disk/by-id/. After having typed
> the aforementioned command, I get `mount: unknown filesystem type
> 'ntfs-3g'.' Any idea?

Oh, excuse me! That's my fault - I forgot to mention that you should have
ntfs-3g, which is a NTFS driver for Linux, installed in system. Just install
package with the same name and try mount command again.

There is also a possibility that you have ntfs driver (AFAIK, that one lacks
support for writing) - if you don't want to install anything and you don't need
writing, you may check out that one (simply use 'ntfs' instead of 'ntfs-3g' in
the 'mount' command I wrote before).

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35  4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81