On 09/08/2010 03:50 PM, Angus Hedger wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:06:05 -0400
Gilbert Sullivan<whirly...@comcast.net>  wrote:
I'll be looking at the the version 6 chromium-browser when it shows
up in testing. (The version 5 browser was removed today.) I'm
especially interested in seeing what they're doing for flash support.
I understand that it's to be integrated into the browser. (Well, the
Google version, anyway.) I wonder how that's going to work.

Only on windows!

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User   PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97

Ah! That makes more sense. I was kind of feeling dirty for a little bit there, wondering just who the GNU/Linux developers might be crawling into bed with!

;-)

I wouldn't mind seeing flash go away -- perhaps to be replaced by HTML5 (and moonlight?). Flash has been mostly a pain to me for years -- especially when my wife was still using Windows. I'm delighted to have an Open Source solution for playing flash -- even if it doesn't exactly work perfectly. At least with Debian package management I don't have to worry about traces of old, insecure versions of the player hanging on in the system even after I've supposedly "updated" it.

Thanks for correcting my misapprehension about the future of flash implementation in chromium-browser.

Regards,
Gilbert