On Sep 9, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Kevin Ross wrote:

> On 09/09/2010 03:01 PM, Hal Vaughan wrote:
>> I can rsync to the other machine.  Using "rsync localfile
>> tnet-web::threshNet-Public" works fine and the file is transferred.  BUT
>> when I try to use rsync over ssh, it will NOT work.
>>

> According to the man page, your first example should automatically use ssh.
> It does for me.

Do you mean the first example in my first paragraph, where there's no reference
to ssh or the one when I list examples, where I use "--rsh =ssh"?

How can I verify rsync is using ssh?

I found a few comments in man pages that left me confused, but I read man pages
on Linux, on OS X, and on the web and there were a few references in some to,
"in future versions," so it's hard to be sure, unless it's explicitly stated.

Hal