Dne, 05. 11. 2010 12:50:14 je ZephyrQ napisal(a):
> gNewSense.

How stable/solid is it?  I've looked at it and am intrigued...

I must have misunderstood your question. I have never tried gNewSense, I was just pointing out that, personally, the only distros I would be willing to try out are distros that are at least as free/libre as Debian. Among the distros I did try out - Knoppix, Ubuntu, OpenSuSE, Mandriva, and some minor ones - there is not a single one I'd be willing to revert to. I guess there's a reason I'm staying with Debian after all ;-) ... Ideological reasons, mostly ... DFSG ... and Debian being a community endeavor ... and having a particularly slow release schedule (yep, while many complain about that, I consider it as being one of Debian's strongest points; go figure) ... and being secure ... and stable ... and being the "mother" of so many distros ...

;)

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.