It's been a long time since I went off-grid and used a kernel from
experimental. So forgive me, my memory is not what it used to be.

Here is my problem:

I don't see a 2.6.36 kernel for amd64, however the kbuild for 2.6.36
is available. I also see a 2.6.37rc5 kernel for amd64, but no kbuild
for 2.6.37. I am running the amd64 kernel on a 686 system because of a
time issue that occurred a while back. I need to rebuild the system,
but I have a ton of data to migrate to the file server. In any case,
what is the best approach to a newer kernel?

Thanks.