On Du, 27 feb 11, 09:25:24, Brian wrote:
> On Sat 26 Feb 2011 at 20:19:50 -0500, PMA wrote:
>
> > Well, I've rebooted and come out alive.  So the Squeeze installer's
> > suggested GRUB destination, which I happily accepted, must have
> > been /dev/sdb.  Lucky me.  For next time, thanks for this alert!
>
> I may have alarmed you unduly and should have mentioned the behaviour I
> experienced was with the netboot mini.iso.

If you used the mini.iso to install to a different device[1], then it
sounds like a bug. I can't think of any reason for the installer to
offer anything but the MBR of the device holding /boot as *default* for
installing grub.

[1] it's probably less known that the mini.iso can be used to install on
the same device used to boot the installer from, a handy feature if you
ask me.

Regards,
Andrei