> As I default to LibO rather than OOo, the removal of OOo is just fine.
> However, the upgrade did confuse me, because if it is removing OOo, I'm
> not sure why OOo packages are also being upgraded:
>
>     The following packages will be upgraded: <snip>
>        openoffice.org openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-common
>        openoffice.org-gcj openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-help-en-gb
>        openoffice.org-help-en-us openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb
>        openoffice.org-officebean <snip>
>
> which results then in unresolved dependencies:
>
>     The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>        libreoffice-debian-menus: Conflicts: libreoffice-bundled which is
>     a virtual package.
>        ure: Breaks: openoffice.org-core (< 1:3.3~) but
>     1:3.2.1-11+squeeze2 is installed.
>     The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>           Remove the following packages:
>     1)     libreoffice-debian-menus
>     2)     openoffice.org-core
>     3)     openoffice.org-evolution
>

> Anyway, thanks again for the assist.
>
> AG

OOo are being upgraded because there are new versions of these packages
in the repos. Only that they don't provide OOo anymore -- they've been
changed to transitional metapackages, depending on libreoffice packages.
Once you have libreoffice you can remove them since you won't be needing
them anymore. In fact you could purge OOo first and then install LibO.
That should take care of the dependancies.

I'm a bit perplexed by these packages you mention. I can't seem to find
them. Perhaps they've been removed from the repositories? Check whether
or not they are installed locally on your system. If so you could purge
them.

Regards,
KB