Hi,

Somewhere this week the video card performance dropped spectacularly.
All drag and drop operations and (web) page scrolling are suddenly
excruciating slow. Glxgears went from > 5000 to 60 frames per second (I
know, glxgears is no benchmark). Also my screen is not painted
correctly: it seems that the system "forgets" to paint all the pixels
and I am forced to change the size of my windows to get it repainted,
even if I have enabled the "Tear Free Desktop" option in the Catalyst
Control Center.

The are no signs in any log file that there are problems with the
driver. I do not however see any signs of loading the firmware for the
card.

How can I check if the firmware is actually loaded?
Does anyone have an idea of what else could be wrong?

I am using a ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP, the latest Debian AMD64 Testing
with kernel 2.6.38, fglrs 11-3-1 (non-free ATI/AMD RadeonHD display
driver).

Some output of glxinfo:

jkr@panoramix:~$  glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP
OpenGL version string: 3.3.10600 Compatibility Profile Context
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld