On 2011-04-16 07:25:25 GMT, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> I wrote several times to listowner <at> lists.debian.org,
> for a problem with bounces and for the present question,
> and never got any answer

My e-mail to lists.debian.org (and to nowhere else) started bouncing, about a
year ago.  This was about when my employer started prepending a BATV tag to
my outgoing mails, changing my simple e-mail address into a variable mess of
this general form: prvs=986f23af3=sk...@syrano.acb.uc.edu.

When I wrote to listmas...@lists.debian.org, I did get a helpful reply, but I
didn't fully understand it.  It said that they do "envelope from sender
verification".  What I think this means is that they send some test message
back to the munged address with BATV tag.  My server doesn't accept mail to
the munged address and bounces it.  So the verification fails and my post is
tossed.

I gave up and now post to the list at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.