On 04/22/2011 11:58 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:25:36 -0700, tony mollica wrote:

Using deb6-amd64 and I've searched for an acceptable solution but I find
none that I like.

The problem is that I would like to have this 'option single-request'
lline in
/etc/resolv.conf but network-manager continuously removes the line (and
anything else it doesn't care for).  There must be a way to identify
this line
as a permanent line or add it to the network manager config somewhere so
it is always added back in when resolv.conf is changed.

Question is:  Where is that setting located?

"If you can't beat them, join them" :-)

Look at "man networkmanager", it seems that you can tell NM to pass some
values by scripting the desired commands by means of "/etc/NetworkManager/
dispatcher.d/" folder.

Maybe you can create a simple script -carefully look for the script
requirements- that adds the "option single-request" value to "/etc/
resolv.conf" every time NM is in use.

Greetings,

Been through the docs several times, and maybe I missed it, but I find no
documentation on file names or formats for inserting persistent settings
into the /etc/resolv.conf rewrites done by nm.

Realistically, nm should be able to recognize
ANY 'options' lines in resolv.conf and leave it there.

thanks,