I have used cfengine2 and cfengine3, and I am currently learning puppet.
These are roughly equivalent functionalities, with cfengine being the
grandfather of all of them (circa 1993, iirc). One thing I have found is
your programming preferences could help make the decision for you. cfengine
is vaguely perl-like, while puppet is ruby-based. As I recall, bcfg2 is
python-based. You can get all sorts of opinons on which is better and why
around the internet.

--b