On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:08:50 +0100, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:

> On 06/06/11 18:34, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:02:49 +0100, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
> [...]
>> Hum... how could the installer get access to the current installed
>> system to fetch the hostname from there? Let's imagine there are 4
>> linux installations in several disks or partitions... what hostname to
>> choose, what to mount...? :-?
> You provide it an answer (or point to use DHCP).

(...)

Yes, but -if I understood you correctly- your question was how to this
"automatically", right? That is, with no user intervention and no
variable preset on the preseeding file. So I wondered how could the
installer fill the hostname variable by directly reading it from the
current installed system(s).

Or did you look for something else?

Greetings,

--