Hi,
For maintenance or training purposes, I use my old Lenny desktop as a vnc client with the command :
$ vncviewer -listen
This is working fine for connections from debian-like distros AND windows environments.

Now, I'm just trying to have this working on my Testing desktop as the vnc client and it's ok for ubuntu incomming connections but not for windows. I googled a bit yesterday and I found this bug describing exactly what I get :

Anybody can think of a fix or workaround to that ?
TIA

old Lenny :
~$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/vncviewer
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 sep 23 2008 /etc/alternatives/vncviewer -> /usr/bin/xrealvncviewer
~$ dpkg -S xrealvncviewer
xvncviewer: /usr/share/man/man1/xrealvncviewer.1.gz
xvncviewer: /usr/bin/xrealvncviewer
~$ dpkg -l xvncviewer
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements |/ Err?=(aucune)/H=à garder/besoin Réinstallation/X=les deux (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom              Version          Description
ii xvncviewer 3.3.7-14 Virtual network computing client software for X

Testing :
~$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/vncviewer
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 20 juil. 11:11 /etc/alternatives/vncviewer -> /usr/bin/xtightvncviewer
~$ dpkg -l xtight*