On 2011-07-27 09:24 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

>> --- On Tue, 7/26/11, Jerome BENOIT<g62993...@rezozer.net>  wrote:
>>

>> In my case, the upgrade from squeeze to wheezy was rather straightforward
>> and no more difficult than previous upgrades.
>
> I am not surprised. Nevertheless the question is:
> has ``multiarch'' features already reached Wheezy ?

Yes and no.  Yes, because more than 100 libraries have already been
converted to the multiarch paths; this has not caused many problems so
far.  No, because dpkg does not support multiarch yet; you have to build
it from an unofficial git branch¹.

Right now there is also the problem that the /lib64 -> /lib symlink
causes problems with i386 biarch packages, therefore multiarch support
in eglibc has been temporarily disabled on architectures which ship
that symlink².

Sven

¹ http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation#Using_multiarch
² http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=632176