On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:41:48PM -0500, rlhar...@hal-pc.org wrote:
> For a week I have been searching without success for a guide to
> configuration of Exim4 for a personal system which utilizes the
> smarthost of an isp to handle outgoing mail and a web hosting service
> to host a web site.

To the best of my knowledge, using an ISP to relay is covered in this
tutorial for GMail, but should be adaptable to your situation:

http://wiki.debian.org/GmailAndExim4

Apologies if this wasn't what you expected; but in general, one of the
cases of exim4-config s what you'd want, to the best of my
understanding.

Kumar
--
This kernel runs like a dessicated slug if you have more than 2G of memory
due to a 32-bit overflow.

                -- Andrew Morton, on Linux 2.6.8-rc1-mm1