On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Tom Furie <t...@furie.org.uk> wrote:
>>  > What's wrong with 'mv /mnt/deer/* /mnt/deer/zebra'? Sure, it'll
>>  > complain about trying to move zebra to itself, but it works.
>>
>>       The other catch is that it won't consider the filenames with a
>>       leading dot, such as ‘.bashrc’.
>
> Well, true, but there was no mention of dot files in the original
> problem. Or, as has since transpired, that only some of the files in
> /mnt/deer should be moved to /mnt/deer/zebra.
>
> Ask me a question, I'll give an answer to the question. It's not my
> fault that the wrong question was asked.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
>
> --
> When neither their poverty nor their honor is touched, the majority of men
> live content.
>                -- Niccolo Machiavelli

yes only the files put in /mnt/deer on 22/09/2011 must be moved to
there own folder, but looks like i will have to spend days doing this
manually as zebra is 378 gb big and i copied some files from zebra to
/mnt/deer using "cp" (my bad) and i don't have much room to play with
now as i only have 197gb left in /mnt/deer and a lot of duplicate
files in /mnt/deer and /mnt/deer/zebra