On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 00:18 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to report a bug about Totem and when i switch from tty1 to tty7
> Totem gets killed.
>
> But reportbug says there is no package called "totem" neither "totem
> movie player", what is the correct name of this package?

The package is named "totem". The package maintainer is Sebastien Bacher
<seb...@debian.org>, you can see this e.g. by taking a look to the
package's properties using Synaptic.

"[snip]
Reporting bugs

Before you want to file a bug, make sure you are running the latest
version. After that, you must find out if the bug is caused by totem or
by its backend (GStreamer). If it is something visual in the video or
something in the audio, it probably is a bug in the backend and has to
be submitted to the right bugtracker. To see what backend you are using
check the "About box" of totem.
[snip]
Totem bug

If you are convinced the problem is with Totem itself, you should first
check the bug list
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=totem&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED
if your bug isn't already reported. If you can't find your bug, go ahead
and file it on the the totem bugtracker
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=totem .
To have better debug-output, open a terminal and enter the following
command.
totem --debug" http://projects.gnome.org/totem/ is the first link, if
you http://www.google.de/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=de&source=hp&q=totem
+Linux&pbx=1&oq=totem
+Linux&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3332l4261l1l4579l6l6l0l2l2l0l226l654l0.3.1l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=3dc3bd186b6c76d5&biw=1152&bih=719

;)

Ralf