Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
Hola!

I just got to reinstall debiann vause my harddisk fried. I wanted to
use the opportunity to change from gnome
to Xfce4. This worked well when I installed stable, but when upgrading
to wheezy the problems arrived.

First some output from lspci:

VGA compatible controller : nVidia corporation C51 [GeForce Go 6150] (rev a2)

So i tried to install the nVidia drivers, but that does mot seem to work.

When booting, tye kernel 3.0.0-1-amd64 boots, but the X window system
(with GDM3) do not start.

Because you did not install the driver right. The output of /var/log/Xorg.0.log explains.

I can work with the 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel, though the Xfce desktop has
some problems --- the panel line at foot of the monitor do not show,

Application menu->Settings->Panel will show the panels that you have. How many are there?

neither do the machine find the wireless network (I installed wicd).

Because you did not install the wifi driver.

Hugo