On 12/30/11, Steve Kleene <sk...@syrano.acb.uc.edu> wrote:
> I just let my Wheezy system upgrade mplayer, and now I can't get a skin for
> the player.  ...
>
> upgrade mplayer 3:1.0~rc4+svn20111024-0.0 3:1.0~rc4+svn20111213-0.0

> Does anyone know why the skin option vanished?  Is it likely to return to
> the
> distribution?  I know there are other players, but I'd prefer to stick with
> the mplayer/mencoder system.
>
> Thanks.

If you're talking about debian-multimedia repo mplayer package, the
gui was only available for x86, and now Christian decided to remove
the gui from his repo...

You can take a look at the discussion thread:

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/lurker/thread/20111202.173103.d48cf110.en.html#i20111202.173103.d48cf110

I would suspect then both testing and unstable were affected by this...

Any ways, most front ends are good alternatives, even if you don't use
a DE.  I don't use any DE, and I'm fine with gnome-mplayer, and it's
used by the gecko media player as well, so it works fine for me, but
you can always look for other alternatives...

--
Javier.