On 12/01/12 08:40, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> I'm puzzled - why not just:-
>> # apt-get install electricsheep
>
> It is just that apt-get.  But in Sid there is a transition happening
> from ffmpeg to libav and Sid's electricsheep is broken concerning this
> and needs to be updated.  The original poster just didn't show the
> full command history.

I haven't installed it (though I'd just been been looking at it running
on Sid).  I asked because I "assumed" the poster knew it was available
in Sid, but I wanted to check.

> Here is a relevant bug report on it:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638560
>
> Here is the full trace after a fresh update today.
>
>   # apt-get update
>   # apt-get install -s electricsheep

I'm surprised that ^ works. I've always put the option switches before
the command. Live and learn huh.

<snipped>

>   The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    electricsheep : Depends: libavcodec52 (>= 4:0.6-1~)

So the v0.7.1 on the install I looked at must/might be from
debian-multimedia.

<snipped>

> Really what needs to happen is that the electricsheep package needs to
> be updated.
>
> Bob

I have absolutely no idea. (my screen savers just power off the monitor).

Cheers