Hello everybody,

Frank, we have decided to use soft RAID to optimise our supervision and to
optimise our RAID with all the tool that linux provide !
And for me it's better to optimise a RAID5 (RAID6) than use a non optimised
RAID10 :
- no more HDD "lost", we have 8 disks, so 4 "real" in RAID10 and 6 in RAID6
- Linux kernel optimisation give us amazing transfert rate, and I/O
- with MD and LVM we can align I/O strictly

But here is not the discussion.

Return to hpacucli...
I have used this tools to remove 2 HDD "unassigned", every thing was OK
until the arrayprobe script give me a warning !
Am I unlucky ??

# arrayprobe
WARNING Arrayprobe Logical drive 1 on /dev/cciss/c0d0: Logical drive is not
configured

# arrayprobe -r
[...]
Event code 1/0/0 with tag 15
at 2-28-2012 08:26:30
with message: Hot-plug drive removed, Port=1I Box=1 Bay=3 SN=

Event code 4/0/0 with tag 16
at 2-28-2012 08:26:30
with message: Physical drive failure, Port=1I Box=1 Bay=3
physical drive 2 has failed with failurecode 20.

Event code 0/0/0
with message: No events to report.

failed to open device /dev/ida/c0d0: No such file or directory
Logical drive 0 on controller /dev/cciss/c0d0 has state 0
Logical drive 1 on controller /dev/cciss/c0d0 has state 2
Logical drive 2 on controller /dev/cciss/c0d0 has state 2
Logical drive 3 on controller /dev/cciss/c0d0 has state 0
WARNING Arrayprobe Logical drive 1 on /dev/cciss/c0d0: Logical drive is not
configured

Does my Logical dive 1 mapped on /dev/cciss/c0d0 is not configured...
impossible this is my "system RAID"
# hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 1 show

Smart Array P410i in Slot 0 (Embedded)

   array A

      Logical Drive: 1
         Size: 136.7 GB
         Fault Tolerance: RAID 1
         Heads: 255
         Sectors Per Track: 32
         Cylinders: 35132
         Strip Size: 256 KB
         Array Accelerator: Enabled
         Unique Identifier: 600508B1001C02B880CF0DDEE7FD0FEC
         Disk Name: /dev/cciss/c0d0
         Mount Points: /boot 190 MB
         OS Status: LOCKED
         Logical Drive Label: A00FD4B45001438009E6ADD046E6
         Mirror Group 0:
            physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 146 GB, OK)
         Mirror Group 1:
            physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 146 GB, OK)

So, what's wrong now ??
I request your help again on this point, and i hope it will be the last
one...

--
JG