I use PulseAudio on Debian Testing. For the most part it Just Works and i didnt
have to do any elaborate configuration juju.

I have it set up to do multiple simultaneous output, i do this just by clicking
Simultaneous Output -> "Add virtual output device for simultaneous
output on all local sound cards" in PulseAudio Preferences, not by editing the
config files. I have two USB output devices and a pair of desktop
speakers plugged into the audio-out on the computer.

Until recently this worked, but after some or other recent update, it stopped
working. PulseAudio Volume Control does give me various options,
for playing each individual device and then "Simultaneous output to [device 1,
device 2, etc.]". Now, I can click from one to the other and move the
sound around seamlessly on each device, but the Simultaneous one is dead silent
on all devices. The volume meter does boogie with the sound,
but there is not output.

Can someone suggest what to look at to solve this? I did wait a week or so in
case it was some bug that would get fixed.

Thanks!

Jen