On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:23:26 +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:

> Am 06.04.2012 19:03, schrieb Andrei POPESCU:
>>
>> Not what you're asking for, but debcheckout (in package devscripts) may
>> be useful for you.
>>

> Thanks, Andrei. Not quite what I need, unfortenately.
>
> I'm still looking for a tool that will determine the URI of the source
> package's .dsc file, given a repository base URI and a package name.

If the repository does not follow Debian mirror rules nor package naming,
it's almost impossible to decipher the URI from a given ".dsc" file, it
can be hosted anywhere in the server.

Otherwise, if it uses conventional Debian packaging rules, you can use
the static information to make a guess:

uri="ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g" pkg="gedit" ver="_3.2.6-1" wget
$uri/$pkg/$pkg$ver.dsc

Greetings,

--
Camaleón