On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:37:26 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> 30.04.2012 20:16, Camaleón kirjoitti:

(...)

>>> By the way, this looks like a reason to GPG sign everything, like I am
>>> doing. There is sometimes arguing at gnupg-user and enigmail user
>>> about should messages to mailing lists be signed or not. I think that
>>> there was once such arguement here too in some of those multiple [OT]
>>> Posting styles threads.
>>
>> I would be against forcing the usage of signed e-mails for mailing
>> lists which, by the way, can be also automated and used to send spam or
>> "faked" messages: you don't solve a problem like this with just
>> GPG/PGP, you need to apply additional counter-measures.
>>

> You misunderstood me. I only said that it's a reason to use GPG, not
> that it should be forced.

But Mika, if you don't enforce a policy then is the same that not using
it, don't you think? :-)

If anyone can decide whether to use or not signatures for their posts,
where is the gain? I can decide to go that path but in what way that will
change anything?

> If GPG signatures would be forced, amount of posts on this list would
> drop and there wouldn't be so many people on this list.

Of course. For instance, it will prevent me from posting.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón