On Sat 02 Jun 2012 at 12:41:22 +0200, Claudius Hubig wrote:

> Aubrey Raech <aubreyra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Any and all advice/recommendations are appreciated!
>
> Do you have a have public IP address (either IPv4 or IPv6)? If
> that is not the case, you will need a third party in order to
> establish the connection.

A third party is not required. For the occasional transfer of files the
address (if it changes) may be obtained from the router and emailed to
the friend.

> However, you might also want to have a look at ‘servefile’ [1] which
> basically acts like nc from rjc’s mail, but uses the HTTP protocol.

There are some nice aspects to this script. Being able to use a browser
is one; having the download require a username and password and being
able to serve the contents of a directory are others. The OP could do
worse than install and use it. It looks like it would install on Squeeze
and Wheezy.

Thanks for drawing servefile to our attention.