2012/6/6 Weaver <wea...@riseup.net>

> > 2012/6/5 john gennard <joney1...@btinternet.com>
> >
> >> **
> >> Thank you very much. That cures the problem. I would not have been
> >> able to work out that it was due to the motherboard having a non
> >> supported chip.
> >>
> >> I am most grateful to you for taking the time to sort things out.
>
> I have almost exactly the same problem.
> Alsa was working perfectly yesterday, through all mediums.
> I get sound through Amarok, but nothing by way of a streamed video.

youtube? if so it could be a flashplugin related issue. There are several
workarounds to face this kind of problem using alsa and get ridden of
flashplugin (or whatever) not being "compliant" with it.

I actually use a loopback device approach... BTW
http://alsa.opensrc.org/is still down :-(
http://jackaudio.org/routing_alsa may help

regards
-r