Received Fri 10 Oct 2003  4:27am +1000 from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I'd like to look at the change log of a package before installing it.
> I installed apt-listchanges, but it seems like I have to download the
> .deb first.  Is that true?

I sometimes like to check the changelog first. Perhaps this will help:

        wajig news <pkgname>

will get the latest update of the pkg's changelog from
packages.qa.debian.org.

The next release of wajig (1.0.1) will support (it's already
implemented):

        wajig changelog <pkgname>

which will retrieve the whole changelog from
http://people.debian.org/~noel

Then if the package looks okay, you can:

        wajig install <pkgname>

Regards,
Graham