On Lu, 25 iun 12, 08:50:41, john gennard wrote:
> On 24/06/12 18:19, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >On Du, 24 iun 12, 16:49:43, john gennard wrote:
> >>I have eliminated problems with the mouse. Also, I've used a small partition
> >>on the drive and installed Win XP and this works perfectly thus eliminating
> >>problems with the graphic card.
> >Would it be feasible for you to try the kernel and Xorg from backports?
> I presume so. I've read the backports web page and it seems simple
> enough to use.

For single packages it is very easy, just

    apt-get install -t squeeze-backports <package>

but I don't know exactly which package to pull for Xorg. I would try
xserver-xorg-video-radeon and hope it will pull anything else needed
with it ;)

> Do you mean recompiling the kernel?

No, there is a 3.2 kernel on backports (it has bpo in it's name).

Kind regards,
Andrei