On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 03:37:30PM +0100, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have made a successful ssh tunnel between two pcs A and B.
> A is running mysql and B have the tunnel with A , so that B
> can access that remote mysql with its local port 3360. Everything
> is fine......
>
> But B is bind the port with localhost only, hence no one can access
> B's 3360 port. How can B open the port so that others can also
> use the 3360 port on B which is actually tunneled with A ?
>
> <A running mysql> ------tunnel-----<B localhost:3360>
> but <c> can't see 3360 on <B>

>From the ssh man page:

     -L [bind_address:]port:host:hostport

or alternatively: use the -g option..

But...

It sounds like you're using this to bypass a firewall somewhere? If
so, beware: MySQL traffic is NOT encrypted so any usernames/passwords
sent to mysql are easily exposed.  And there's bound to be security
vulnerabilities in the MySQL protocol too - it is not designed to be
hardened.

Also: As far as MySQL is concerned, the connection will appear to come
from B - mysql will never see the true source of connections.

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jorgensen