I have several USB external drives. I have them formatted as ext3 and have
assigned them labels (via tune2fs -L). All of my labels are made up of letters
no numbers, spaces or other special characters. When I connect a drive, it's
label is displayed correctly in gnome (on the desktop and when browsing in
nautilus), but the devices is mounted as /media/usb0. If I connect another, it
will show up in the GUI correctly and it actually gets mounted using the label
name (/media/filebackup). Is there a way to get my system to mount the drive
with the label instead of usb0?

-- clet
debian is my main squeeze