Stan Hoeppner wrote at 2012-07-23 06:59 -0500:
> On 7/23/2012 6:17 AM, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> > I suggest buying a PostScript printer with ethernet connection.
>
> LEXMARK E260dn, monochrome laser:

I purchased a Lexmark E360dn, hoping for good Linux support.  It prints
nicely, but does not give a good experience with regard to paper type and
tray selection.  The only problem, as far as I can tell, is that there is no
correct PPD file: even the PPD provided by Lexmark is broken.  I tried
writing one (PPDC), but did not have the time to learn the syntax, etc
(remotely deployed printer).  With that fixed, I *think* it would work
perfectly.

I do wish there were more hardware manufacturers with a real interest in
making their products work well with Linux.  HP is the best I have seen:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/recommended.html