On 7/26/2012 6:05 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 7/26/2012 3:32 PM, ricccardo wrote:
Hi, I recently updated from squeeze to wheezy and I notice some problem
with synaptic. In particular:

ric@ricmbp:~$ sudo synaptic
synaptic: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg.so.4.10:

Do you have any suggestion to solve it??

Do

$updatedb
$locate libapt-pkg.so.4.10

and post the output here. Use attachment if long.

My libapt-pkg is at libapt-pkg.so.4.12.0

Do you need to upgrade synaptic? Are you running a mixed system with
both, say, squeeze and wheezy packages?  With pinned packages?

I meant

$locate libapt-pkg

Using Aptitude or apt tools, what version of libapt-pkg does your system think is installed?