Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2012 schrieb Tom H:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:38:12 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >> I'm confused, will Debian or will Debian not switch to systemd?
> >
> > There's more info about Systemd and its status in Debian here:
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/systemd
> >
> > <malicious mode on>
> >
> > I hope sysvinit is still available (and be the default option) for at
> > least a couple of years until systemd is being bright polished by the
> > rest of the other friendly linux distributions >>:-)
> >
> > </malicious mode off>
>
> Rather cheeky! :)
>
> I've been using systemd on Fedora (F15, F16, F17) and it works very
> well. I had an F15 dev box on which I had to mess around with rc.local
> to get two nfs mounts to work. I now have six F16 and six F17 boxes in
> production that are running just fine. There may have been many
> problems with systemd on F15 but I'd guess (and could be
> completely wrong but my search powers on Debian's BTS and RH's
> Bugzilla suck...) that on F17 there are hardly more problems with
> systemd as there are problems with sysvinit on squeeze.

systemd works on two on my machines without major issues (44-4). Possibly
even on three machines. I plan to migrate my ThinkPad T23 and T42 as well.

I particularily like this:

martin@merkaba:~> systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 4996ms (kernel) + 2716ms (userspace) = 7713ms

ThinkPad T520 with Intel SSD 320.

Its not that critical since I do not reboot that often, but still nice.

Ciao,