On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:52:38 -0300, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:

> Anyone has tried to implement samba4 in Debian Wheezy?

(...)

> I am investigating this new version that provides Active Directory
> functionality. I have installed the samba4 packages and provisioned
> samba using debconf. Samba 4 starts but when I test the instalation
> accord to the official howto:
>
>   smbclient -L localhost -U%
>
> I get this error:
>
>   Failed to connect to ncacn_np:localhost - NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY REWRITE:
>   list servers not implemented
>
> The howto says that this error is solved deleting the file
> /var/run/smbd-fileserver.conf.pid
>
> However, Debian ships Samba 4 with their files in a different location.
> Debian writes a file /var/run/samba.pid. I think that this "samba.pid"
> is the same smbd-fileserver.conf.pid from howto, but I am not sure.
>
> Anyone that knows more about the official samba 4 packages? Any hint?

As we've been commenting the past days in the Spanish mailing list,
samba4 status is still beta and very experimental, so errors are expected.

Anyway, there's a bug report in Debian BTS where the error you get is
also listed:

Can't comment any further whether this has been solved or not yet :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón